A tool that focuses on exposure as a method. Research shows that this type of treatment is evidence based and have effect on many types of anxiety, phobias and OCD. It contains exercises, tasks and information that are used in outpatient treatment courses.
- Who is this tool for?
A tool for those who struggle with anxiety such as spiders, or more complex anxiety such as social anxiety, infection or frightening thoughts. The tool focuses on exposure, which research shows has a good effect on such anxiety.
- Content of this tool
- 1.1 Exposure
- 1.2 Why Do We Become So Afraid of Things?
- 1.3 The Consequences of Anxiety
- 1.4 How Can You Overcome Anxiety?
- 1.5 Get Started
- 1.6 Quiz - Part 1
- 2.1 Avoidance
- 2.2 Safety Behaviours
- 2.3 Anxiety Affects Our Thoughts
- 2.4 Quiz - Part 2
- 3.1 The First Steps Towards Change
- 3.2 What Is Exposure Therapy?
- 3.3 Create an Exposure Hierarchy
- 3.4 Quiz - Part 3
- 4.1 The First Exposure
- 4.2 Keep the Faith
- 4.3 Follow the Plan
- 4.4 Quiz - Part 4
- 5.1 Does the Exposure Feel Too Overwhelming?
- 5.2 Typical Problems
- 5.3 What If I Don't Have Time to Do the Exposure Tasks?
- 5.4 Social Support
- 5.5 Quiz - Part 5
- 6.1 Looking Back
- 6.2 Setback or Relapse
- 6.3 Preventing Setbacks
«It was very clear and easy to understand. Nice variation between reading, seeing / hearing and doing.»
«It felt so GOOD to read! I did not feel so weird anymore, the online course normalized my problems.»
«I liked that it is instructive, in a way so that the basic knowledge is easy to understand. Also like the warm words along the way well.»
«I liked that it was easily explained. Enjoyed watching the videos.»